Because some events were postponed or canceled earlier this year, there will be no yearlong points championship for the 2020 Tire Rack CAM Challenge Series Powered by Sports Car Club of America®. A number of events, however, have been added to the calendar with special CAM class elements prior to 2020’s Tire Rack SCCA® Solo® Nationals. At multiple upcoming ProSolos, a CAM Shoot Out of 4, 8 or 16 cars will be conducted dependent on class entries. There will continue to be a stand-alone August CAM Challenge event in Peru, Indiana, and the CAM Challenge Invitational on tap just prior to September’s ProSolo Finale and Solo Nationals in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Below is the updated Tire Rack CAM Challenge schedule for the remainder of 2020:
- ProSolo – June 18-20 in Concord, North Carolina
- ProSolo – June 26-28 in Topeka, Kansas
- ProSolo – July 1-3 in Bristol, Tennessee
- ProSolo – July 24-26 in Fontana, California
- CAM Challenge – August 7-9 in Peru, Indiana
- CAM Invitational – September 4th in Lincoln, Nebraska
- Tire Rack Solo Nationals – September 8-9 in Lincoln, Nebraska
Tire Rack CAM Challenge Powered by SCCA has three different classes for muscle cars. The CAM-T class is for car and truck body styles originating from 1948-2000 with a minimum weight without driver being 3000 pounds. The CAM-C class houses car and truck body styles from 2001 and newer, all of which must have a minimum weight without driver of 3300 pounds. The CAM-S class is for two-seater cars.
For more information, visit the Tire Rack CAM Challenge Powered by SCCA page.